The Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) is dedicated to promoting awareness of biomedical engineering knowledge and its use.
When you join the Biomedical Engineering Society's student chapter, you help to promote the future of the biomedical engineering profession.
Our vision is to serve as the leading society of students devoted to developing engineering and technology to advance human health and well-being. The main purpose of the organization is to provide research, employment, and educational opportunities to students in biomedical engineering.
Our mission is to bring a deeper understanding of the Biomedical field by creating opportunities for students to get involved in the Biomedical field throughout their time at Mason.
As a member, you will develop leadership skills, network with other students, and discover a wide range of career development opportunities. We also support activities designed to communicate recent advances, discoveries, and inventions. The BMES student chapter organizes workshops, such as Matlab, 3D modeling and printing, and soldering workshops every semester.
Register at BMES.org. National dues are $30 annually. We have monthly meetings.
- President: Lucia Rodriguez
- Vice President: Renae Bitor
- Treasurer: Andrew Ramirez
- Marketer: Amanda Hoang
- Secretary: Lina Alkarmi
- Events Coordinator: Sorie Koroma
- Student Representative: Kirubel Tadesse
Other student activities
- Biomedical Engineering Society
- Engineers for International Development
- Society of Women Engineers
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
- SciTech Robotics
Explore other Mason Engineering clubs and organizations.