Our Graduates Fill Top Jobs
Our bioengineering program provides our students with a well-rounded foundation and depth of skills that land them top jobs shortly after graduation.
Additionally, Mason’s Bioengineering Students are given direct access to employment and internship opportunities due to:
- Members of the Mason Bioengineering Alliance being comprised of top representative in industry, government, and clinical research who help forge a continuously competitive curriculum that is aligned with the needs of current industry and health care. Through our Alliance we connect our students directly to internship programs and employment.
- Direct exposure and internships at local government institutions, e.g., the NIH, FDA, NIST, or the Patent Office.
- Close relationships with Bioengineering department alumni who are also in the Alliance. Our students find guidance and employment through former Mason bioengineering graduates.
- Our hand in hand work with Mason’s Career Services’ Industry Advisor who specifically targets our students for opportunities and employment in the life science industry. Mason brings employers to the campus weekly.
After graduation, our students land oustanding jobs in the DMV (DC, Maryland and Virginia) area with the following industry, healthcare and government institutions, just to list a few:
- Accenture – Program and Project Manager, Software Engineer, Technical Operations Analyst, Technology Engineer
- Booz Allen Hamilton – Technologist, Project Manager, IT Strategy Consultant, Model Based Systems Engineer
- Deloitte – Health IT Consultant, Senior Software Developer
- GeneDx – Molecular Genetics Technologist
- INOVA Health System – Biomedical Engineer
- Lockheed Martin – Systems Engineering Associate, Software Engineer
- Merck – Associate Data Automation Engineer, General Engineer, Field Services Engineer
- MicroStrategy – Systems Engineer, Lead Support Engineer
- MITRE – Health Specialist, Artificial Intelligence Engineer
- US Army CERDEC Night Vision and Electronic Sensors Directorate – General Engineer
- USPTO – Patent Examiner
Many of our students go on to graduate and medical school, such as Carnegie Mellon, Columbia (NY), George Washington University, Harvard, UC Irvine, University of Michigan, University of Pennsylvania, University of Virginia, or simply continue with us at Mason with an accelerated or regular Masters or a PhD.