Mason’s bioengineering faculty members are internationally recognized leaders in biomedical imaging, computational biomedicine, biomaterials, nanomedicine, neurotechnologies, and computational neuroscience. By working and learning with them, you will be at the forefront of these fields and ready to meet your future challenges.
Our faculty members, who have in-depth knowledge and experience in the many fields of biomedical engineering, guide student success in their studies and help partners advance their research and development projects.
- Work with students on their award-winning senior capstone projects.
- Offer students scholarships to study in their areas at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Collaborate worldwide with more than 50 different institutions and companies.
- Publish in the top journals in biomedical engineering and related fields.
- Develop novel medical devices including finely controlled robotic prosthetics for amputees, new biomaterials that help joint tissues to heal, advanced drug delivery systems to treat cancer and infectious diseases, new tissue imaging devices, and state-of-the-art rehabilitation methods.
- Apply modeling and image analyses methods to guide cardiovascular interventions and to assess personal wellness and the biomechanics of the pelvic floor in pregnancy.
- Study the brain and neurological diseases by mapping neuron connections and understanding their plasticity and role in memory.
Our world-class faculty will prepare you to excel in your career.